How Rain Boots Fit by Brand
I get a lot of inquires about how our boots fit so thought I would share a little information via our blog.
Just like regular shoes, not all rain boots fit the same. Some run big, some small, some narrow.
The fit guidelines provided below are just that--guidelines. If your feet are wide or slender, if you have athletic calves or a high instep, all of these things will change the fit. Sometimes you just need to try on some boots to see what works best.
Here are some general fit guidelines for the brands of boots/rain shoes we carry. If you ever have any doubts, please contact us for measurements. We are always more than happy to help.
FIT TRUE TO SIZE:
In general, these boots fit most women true to size. If you wear a half size, buy up to the next whole size.
- DLL Rainwear's Feminista boots
- Western Chief
- Jeffrey Campbell Fur Lined boots (Artist Print, Orange Paisley, Wales, Purple Paisley, etc.)
- Tretorn Plask and Skerry Vinter boots, Karin shoes and Ballet flats
- Hunter (these are taller than most of our boots. Be careful if you have large calves.)
FIT A FULL SIZE BIG:
In general, these brands fit most women a full size large. Half sizes buy down to the closest whole size. Whole size go down one full size. (i.e. If you wear a 9, an 8 will most likely fit best).
- Tamara Henriques
- DLL Rainwear's Raining Cats and Dogs & Black and White Floral boots
- Jeffrey Campbell unlined Artist Print, Wales
- Tretorn Ballena boot
- Esschert Design
- Jeffrey Campbell rain flats (Buy up one size)
- Jeffrey Campbell Tall Welly rain boots (Buy up 2 sizes.)
- Jeffrey Campbell cowboy style rain boots (Buy up one size)
MEN'S AND CHILDREN'S BOOTS:
Most of the men's boots we carry (Western Chief and Chooka especially) fit a full size big. Rothco boots tend to fit more true to size.
Most of the children's boots we carry fit at least a half size large.
If you still have questions please feel free to email us anytime. We are more than happy to provide measurements or any other information that will be helpful.
Labels: rain boot fit by brand